|The Station from the Great Wall of York|
There were lots of goodies from The Yorkshire Food Company to keep the conversation flowing. A few highlights:
- Will we be able to get more disputes settled in the Patents County Court with its new procedure exciting new judge and costs cap. Does that cap apply to existing cases. We could not see why it should not or at least for steps undertaken after 1 October 2010. Discovery before that could be arguable. What do you think?
- Open Innovation and Innovation by Brainstorming. How can maverick IP lawyers solve the problems.
- The miserable number of European Patent Applications emerging from Yorkshire companies (200 pa was mooted).
- Why do German entrepreneurs see greater value in patents than UK business
- Getting messages across to clients in blogs and press releases
- Using Software as a Service - I need a link here for the time recording and billing iPhone app
- Charging and the need to record time even if the bills are all fixed fees agreed in advance
- CPD collecting - did a plug here for Ipso Jure which has excellent patent coverage and will give you quality points and notes for a modest annual subscription. Contact Peter to sign up